What Is Civil Engineering?
Civil Engineering is the broadest of the engineering fields. It deals with the creation, improvement, and protection of the community environment, providing facilities for living, industry and transportation, including large buildings, roads, bridges, canals, railroad lines, airports, water-supply systems, dams, irrigation, harbors, docks, aqueducts, tunnels, and other engineered constructions.
The civil engineer must have a knowledge of the properties and mechanics of construction materials, the mechanics of structures and soils, and of hydraulics and fluid mechanics.
There are many different fields under civil engineering; construction engineering, construction management, transportation engineering, soils and foundation engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydraulic engineering, and environmental engineering, to name a few.
Pro17 Engineering – Civil Engineering Expertise
- Roadway/Street Planning & Design
- Commercial Site Planning & Design
- Multi-family Residential Planning & Design
- Site Utilities Planning & Design
- Stormwater Runoff System Design
- Stormwater Detention Design
- Site Earthwork Grading Design – Grading Plans
- Stream Flood Studies
- Flood Zone Determinations
- Potable Water Distribution System Layout & Design
- NPDES “Stormwater” Permits – Design & Inspections
- Construction Planning, Estimating & Oversight
- Phase I Environmental Assessments
- Expert Witness Services